The geophysics is widely used at nondestructive researches of objects of historical and cultural heritage. The ambiguity of data interpretation is caused by a complex of objective reasons: restrictions of geophysical methods and significant heterogeneity of the cultural layer of archaeological sites. Therefore the development of the algorithm of researches allowing to reduce the number of errors of the first and second kinds is relevant and, respectively, to increase the quality of nondestructive researches of objects of historical and cultural heritage. The algorithm including stages of complex geophysical measurements (magnetic and resistivity surveys), processing (segmentation) and interpretation (on the basis of a priori information on the form and sizes of expected objects of search, and also about types of the geophysical anomalies corresponding to objects) is offered.
Experimental studies on the territory of the medieval Kushmanskoe III settlement revealed a previously unknown line of fortifications and allowed to restore the row layout of the settlement. During the reconstruction of the layout, the location of various constructions – ditch, the foundation of structures made of calcined and compacted clay, pits of residential and industrial buildings, hearths, etc., was determined. An estimate of the degree of preservation of the cultural layer is obtained. The results of the interpretation are confirmed by soil drills and excavations. The information obtained as a result of nondestructive research is fundamentally important from the point of view of the preservation of objects of historical and cultural heritage.
Zlobina Anna Grigor’evna, Candidate of Engineering Sciences, Researcher in Udmurt Federal Research Center of UB RAS (UdmFRC UB RAS). 426067, Izhevsk, T. Baramzina str., 34. E-mail: ELF54@yandex.ru.
Zhurbin Igor Vital’evich, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Candidate of Engineering Sciences, Main Researcher in Udmurt Federal Research Center of UB RAS (UdmFRC UB RAS). 426067, Izhevsk, T. Baramzina str., 34. E-mail: email@example.com.
- Russia as archaeological space / Ed. by N.A. Makarov. M. : Institute of Archaeology RAS, 2016. 152 p.
- Nikitin A.A., Kmelevskoy V.K. Integration of geophysical metods. Tver : Ltd. «Publisher GERS», 2004. 294 p.
- Detection and division of gravitational and magnetic anomalies / Yu.I. Bloh. M. : MGGA, 1995. 80 p.
- David A., Linford N., Linford P. Geophysical Survey in Archaeological Field Evaluation. Swindon : English Heritage, 2008. 59 p.
- Chemyakina M.A. Diagnostics of the cult complexes of the Barabinskaya forest-steppe zone by geophysical methods // Novosibirsk State University Bulletin. Series: History and Philology. 2010. V. 9, Is. 3: Archeology and Ethnography. P. 74-84.
- Capabilities of synthesizing geophysical and archaeological information in the interpretation of excavation results (by the example of the Bronze Age settlement of Kamenny Ambar) / N.A. Berseneva, A.V. Epimahov, V.V. Noskevich, N.V. Fedorova // Academic journal of Archaeology, Anthropology and Ethnography. 2015. No. 1 (28). P. 4-14.
- Zhurbin I.V., Borisov A.V. Capabilities of consistent application of geophysical and geochemical surveys of medieval settlements destroyed by plowing // Archaeological Prospection. 2018. V. 25, No. 3. P. 219-230.
- Zhurbin I.V., Fedorina A.N. Comprehensive geophysical studies at the Suzdal Opolye settlements // Archaeology, Ethnology and Anthropology of Eurasia. 2017. V. 45, No. 2. P. 62-70.
- Zlobina A.G. Algorithm for detection and removal of interference on a segmented geophysical map // Natural and mathematical Sciences in the modern world : Proceedings of the XLIV International scientific and practical conference. Novosibirsk : SibAK, 2016. P. 76-82.
- Zhurbin I.V., Dogadin S.E. The algorithm of the total card generating with nearsurface resistivity survey of archaeological sites // Geoinformatika. 2013. No. 3. P. 41-48.
- Regulations on the procedure of archaeological field work and preparation of scientific reporting documentation. M. : Institute of Archaeology RAS, 2018. 64 p. URL: http://archaeolog.ru/media/2018/Polozhenie_2018_2.pdf (date of access: 06.12.2018).
- Zhurbin I.V., Ivanova M.G. Geophysical studies at the Kushmanskoye (Uchkakar) fortified settlement, Kama basin // Archaeology, Ethnology and Anthropo-logy of Eurasia. 2018. V. 46, No. 1. P. 76-85.
- Hargrave M.L. Geophysical detection of features and community plan at New Philadelphia, Illinois // Historical Archaeology. 2010. No. 44 (1). P. 43-57.
- Zlobina A.G., Zhurbin I.V. The restoration of the borders of the object according to the shallow resistivity survey by the method of fuzzy clustering // Geoinformatika. 2015. No. 3. P. 19-25.
- Ivanova M.G., Zhurbin I.V. Archaeological and geophysical studies of the medieval settlements in the river Cheptsa basin // Russian archeology. 2014. No. 1. P. 40-53.
- Ivanova M.G. Idnakar: an ancient Udmurt fortified settlement of IX-XIII centuries. Izhevsk : Udmurt Institute of History, Language and Literature of Ural Branch of RAS, 1998. 294 p.
- Ivanova M.G. The report on researches on Kushmanskoe an ancient fortified settlement Uchkakar, Kushmanskoe III settlement and Kushmanskoe II settlement in Yarsky district of the Udmurt Republic in 2016.
V. 1 // Scientific and industry archive of Udmurt Institute of History, Language and Literature of Ural Branch of RAS. RF. Op. 2. D. 1693. CD 104.