The article reviews frequently used method for forward problem solving of geopotential fields on profiles, which consists of direct reinterpretation of a profile as a 2D or 2.5D model and solving the respective problem. Some deficiencies of this method that are explained by method not taking into account a curvature of a profile are demonstrated on several examples. Two new methods are presented with their own pros and cons. The former method consists of problem reduction to a two dimensional one, but unlike the previous method a profile curvature is taken into account through the procedure of physical parameter projection. The latter method is based on 3D grid model construction through extrapolation of profile models.
About the Authors
Mitsyn Sergey Valerievitch, research scientist at department of Geoinformatics Federal State Budgetary Institution «All-Russian Research Geological Oil Institute». 117105, Moscow, Russia, Varshavskoye shosse, 8. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nikitin A.A., Galuev V.I., Pimanova N.N. About the standard graph processing and interpretation of gravity and magnetic fields in constructing the density and magnetic model earth’s crust // Geophysics. 2015. No. 6. P. 74-80.
- Grishina I.L., Malinina S.S. The technology for creating 2D & 3D models of the earth crust, which are fitted with each other by the gravitational and magnetic fields, in the GIS INTEGRO environment // Geoinformatics. 2015. No 3. P. 39-49.
- Blokh Y.I. Interpretation of gravity and magnetic anomalies. Moscow : RSGPU, 2009. 232 p.
- Gravity survey. Geophysics reference book / Ed. by E.A. Mudretsova and K. E. Veselov. Moscow : Nedra, 1981. 397 p.
- Guttman A. R-Trees: A Dynamic Index Structure for Spatial Searching // SIGMOD 1984 : Proceedings of the 1984 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data. – New York : ACM, 1984. V. 14, No. 2. P. 47-57.
- Mitsyn S.V., Ososkov G.A. Finite difference method for numerical extrapolation of grid models of geophysical fields // Geoinformatics. 2016. No. 3. P. 29-34.
- Mitsyn S.V. On numeric implementation of spectral method of gravimetry inverse problem. Geoinformatics. 2018. No. 3. P. 89-97.
- Shuey R.T., Pasquale A.S. End corrections in magnetic profile interpretation // Geophysics. – 1973. V. 38, Issue 3. P. 507-512.
- Dentith M., Mudge S. Geophysics for the Mineral Exploration Geoscientist. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2014. 454 p. doi:10.1017/CBO9781139024358.